mercredi 30 décembre 2015

Extended leave and thanks

Playing World of Warcraft on Kronos has started to take too much of my personal time and after a long period of reflection I have decided to take an extended leave from the game.

It has been a bit over 4 months since I have been on the server and I got to level 60, I downed Blackwing Lair and Zul'gurub, I did some bug testing raids, I started a Kronos comic (which I plan to continue, but on a softer schedule), I got to meet and interview many new players, I survived a couple server crashes, I got involved in increasing the Kronos population, I wrote a guide to help new players face connection issues, I asked players about advices for starting players, I made PvP polls and followed the population numbers, I tried to gather all Kronos videos on a forum thread, I broke the price of bloodvine for a couple days and many, many more things. I feel like I had a blast on Kronos! :)

But most importantly, I met a lot of great people with whom I had good experiences, that I would like to thank.

Smashyou, for being one of the very first great players I encountered, for tanking BRD like a boss, for your vanilla raidleading debut skills (which I maintain were decent) and because raptor steaks are the thing.

Smooglab, for being an incredibly comprehensive leader, because you took the time to discuss my concerns about <Friends> raiding schedule and because it felt like you cared that I had a good time in the guild. Thank you for inviting me in it, I think it was a great decision.

Isadora (Priestwithacause), for your inspiring stories that gave me the push I needed to start on Kronos. I don't think I would have started on a vanilla realm without you.

The <Friends> guild for allowing me to meet a community where I could feel at home, for your help killing big dragons and big red snakes, for making my days feel fuller, for the cheerful guild channel and because you are all incredible!

Novaskin, Jakeltank, Cruelfate and A for having the patience to go through my interviews and accepting to publish a part of who they are. With a special thank you to Gorthaur because your interview had a little something more and Pussochkram (and your mind-connecting skills!).

Andwar, because the apocalypse will be much more fun with you, especially now that you have your voidwalker and that you can gather souls. I wish I had met you sooner.

Muneca, because there can't ever be enough gnomes on this world, especially the good ones with a kind-heart. I am sorry that I did not interview more gnomes, I promess I will have a comic about them one day!

Gabz, for your patience with leavers during that SFK run (that never happened), and for your continued support with my comic and your interest in art. I hope that one day you will get your story right.

Aurigon, for your wisdom and immortal and unconditional support of the Kronos server and your infinite efforts at bringing positive changes. I think you are a huge asset of this community!

Chero, Gurky, Davros, and all the Kronos team for helping players get on Kronos, for surviving the player's ire at any and every change, for your bug solving skills in times of need and for your involvement and the time you take to make this project possible for all of us.

All the players I forgot, those who helped me get some dungeons running, answered questions on the world channel, suggested comic ideas, made me feel like Orgrimmar had people in it, the bots that sold cheap peacebloom when I was leveling alchemy, for those who gave me some advice, participated in my polls or were simply very nice people. Thank you! Thank you all!

3 commentaires:

  1. Hey! I only just saw this; thanks for the shout-out! I'm sorry to hear that you seem to've burnt yourself out a bit, but at the same time I'm not surprised considering the degree of your involvement in all things Kronos.

    (And I posted a video of my pally tanking Van Cleef's adds in Deadmines a few months ago... it actually turned into the second most watched video on my channel!)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hey, thank you for your kind words, it's true I somewhat brought this upon myself haha :)

      Congratulations on your video! I hope your adventures will continue.

      Supprimer
    2. Thank you for all your contributions to the Kronos community! I feel honoured that I am mentioned here.

      A little gnome

      Supprimer