dimanche 27 décembre 2015

Who are the vanilla wow players on Kronos? (7) Pussochkram

This is the7th part of a multi-part blog serie dedicated to discovering the Kronos players, especially those that maybe would not come on the forums and talk about their experiences. See [Part 1 - Tekai] and [Part 6 - Anonymous]. Thank you very much Pussochkram for your participation and all the efforts you put into the details!

What is your current character, class and spec? What made you decide on those ?
My current character is Pussochkram, a level 33 undead female firemage in the guild <Confratres>. The character is part of a proud tradition of mine. On every realm I’ve played since retail vanilla all those years ago I’ve had an undead female mage with this exact name and appearance. The character is really an alt that I’m going to level to 60 to do some fun world PvP with. I used to do that on my Pussochkram-mages before, and also did some PvP-movies. That is something I might pick up on this server too since I miss it a bit :)

What made you decide on this server? How did you find out about it ?
I stopped playing on retail for many different reasons but still wanted to immerse myself in the World of Warcraft now and then. So a friend of mine and I started trying different 1.12.1 private server projects and comparing them side by side. While many were alright I did not find one that clicked with me, one that would make me feel like « this is it », « this is the place where I will spend a long time and level to 60 » until Kronos. Kronos had no pay to win, a blizzlike experience, good scripting and stability (a project that I think will likely stay for longer that 8 months) and seemed to be the best one I could find. As such I decided to settle on it. And so far I haven't regretted it!

*new* If you had a friend just starting out on this server, what would you like to tell him ?
I would tell him to consider what faction, class and race he rolls very carefully. Also, if you care about your characters haircut etc you don’t want to change your mind when you’re lvl 55+. If he came from retail s/he might have forgotten what vanilla WoW was like and have a shock, so in a line I’d say: « Be prepared, this is not the same as retail, think before you act, participate in the community and have fun! ».

Could you tell me a bit more about you? (who's behind this character, your mmo experience, what you feel relevant, etc)
I’m 26 years old and I live in Sweden. I have been playing WoW since vanilla, but after WotLK just in a very casual way (less than 10 hours per week, with frequent and very long breaks). This is due to my job (as a construction worker) and because I have a family and other interests and hobbies (board games and misc geek stuff).

*bonus* What is the last special, peculiar or unusual thing you have done or seen on Kronos?
That must be doing this interview. When I logged on I didn’t expect to end up participating in something like this :) .

What are your current short-term (days/weeks) and long-term (months) objectives in-game?
As I am a very casual player I do not bother setting clear goals beside playing when I feel like it and having fun. But obviously I would like to get this character to level 60, get some PvP gear and give the Alliance a hard time :D .

What was the hardest thing you've had to do on this server (quest, PvP, dungeon, group, guild, etc)? Can you be specific ?
If by hard you mean challenging to my skills then I must say one of the duels or world PvP I have encountered while leveling. Now, leveling in itself is hard... but in a different way ^^.

Did something make you wish to quit or switch server? What would ?
So far I am super-happy with my experience here and I have never considered quitting or changing server. Massive decline in population or the introduction of some sort of pay-2-win system would make me consider leaving (even if I think this is quite unlikely to happen on this server). While I’m not against helping fund the server I think it should be done in other ways.

*bonus* What do you fear in the future of Kronos and your experience here ? What do you hope for ?
I really don’t want the server to turn into a TBC one once we reach « the end of the road » with Naxxramas cleared, etc. I came here to play Vanilla and since I do not play that much I will probably never be tired of it. It’s unlikely I will ever end up in a guild that have Naxxramas on farm but that is not my goal either. I am here for the fun and to enjoy the ride without the feeling the pressure to gear up and clear the content before the next expansion.

What were the last positive and negative experiences you have had in-game?
I met a rogue named Redead yesterday and duelled him for quite a while by the sea in Desolace, that was great fun! :) As for the bad part I’m going to say trolls in world chat. But I guess it could’ve been worse.

*bonus* What do you feel most proud of having done on Kronos?
I feel most proud of making an attempt to spread some love and good vibes on the server. There is so much evil in the world I would like my means of escapism to be a paradise of peace, love and understanding hehe. I guess not everyone agrees that I’m the nicest one, but hey, at least I’m trying!

Would you like to add something?
I would like to apologize for not keeping it short, it is something I am not good at. Thank you for the interview and thank you dear reader for taking the time to make it through. See you in game!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire