mardi 3 novembre 2015

A story that begins at the end

The journey started in August 2015 with a young warlock named Tekai.

I chose an undead warlock for a couple of reasons :
  • a) I have never played warlocks beyond level 20, this way everything will be new to me
  • b) I didn't want too much responsibility being tank/healer when I don't know much about the vanilla gameplay, especially the end-game
  • c) Warlocks can summon other players and thus reduce the amount of time waiting before dungeons or raids
  • d) There aren't many warlocks on the server and they have a good chance of being invited in raids (healthstones, imp, soulstone, summons) and
  • e) I have good memories of the undead starting area (even if running back and forth wasn't incredible)
In all honesty I cannot remember the date I created Tekai anymore (my first screenshot being of the 28th August at level 14 in Ragefire Chasm) , I didn't think I would go far at all back then.
My very first screenshot of Tekai and very first dungeon. It's quite practical that any warrior can tank at such level, makes for easier groups.
In all honesty I thought I would end up leaving before level 50. But I didn't. Sadly I didn't think about writing about the leveling. Let's say that there were good times (level 40, hunting the Alliance on Stranglethorn Vale, farming elite trolls in the Hinterlands while joking) and bad times (lack of quests on some levels, constant running back and forth between continents, lack of abilities before level 30, low-level dungeons taking hours, huge strenght gaps between monsters).
Finally level 60! Serious stuff incoming.
Overall I think I had a lot of fun and a lot of very repetitive, boring times, with the fun times being more memorable. It took me 7 days, 6 hours and 17 minutes without using Joana's guide to level to 60 and I dinged on the 13th of September 2015.

Yarr! Serious content ahead!

[See other articles about Vanilla]

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire