samedi 7 novembre 2015

Who are the vanilla wow players on Kronos? (1) Tekai

After playing for some time on Kronos I've been pondering about its population, who are they? Why did they come here? What makes them stay? I've decided to ask them in-game about that. But first, lets begin with me to show the way. See [part 2 : Jakeltank].

What is your current character and talents?
Tekai, undead MD/ruin warlock level 60.

Is this character an alt?
No, Tekai's my main. I do have a bank alt and a hunter alt.

Could you tell me a bit more about you?
I'm a 23 years old nursing student from Switzerland with a background in computer science, marketing and multimedia. I love going outside, wandering in the forest or running alongside rivers, reading scientific articles about health/science/video games and drawing short stories.

What made you decide on this server?
As I've said in Vanilla Journey I wanted to finish leveling to 60 on a vanilla server, experience how it was back then and try out raids. To make that possible I needed a server where boss mechanics and scripts work well and Kronos focused on that. It also had enough guilds to support raiding which was a good point. But what made up my mind was reading a bloggers journey.

What are your current short-term and long-term objectives?
 In the short-term I'd like to kill Nefarian with <Friends>, attune for Naxxramas, get friendly reputation with the Thorium Brotherhood and make a world PvP video (if the PvP isn't good then my bottom-low skills in PvP will make up for the entertainment). In the long-term I'd like to level another character to 60 and record all low-level dungeons, maybe try some other role like healing, then down ZG/AQ/Naxx.

What do you login for?
I mostly login to make mooncloth and sell arcanite CDs so I can fuel my raid needs. Sometimes I run a dungeon for gear (now I'm only missing a staff from UBRS, so I expect to play less). Otherwise I login to farm thorium reputation, Argent Dawn reputation or to make some gold, open random chests or track Alliance player to hunt.

What was the hardest thing you've had to do on this server?
So far it must have been to find out a guild that raided at the right time. I had a lot of trouble with that as most guilds start raiding at 19:00 ST when the earliest I can get tends to be 20:00 ST. If I could freely decide on the raiding times I'd start past 21:00 CET. Otherwise getting my dreadsteed mount required me to farm Dire Maul for many hours, but that wasn't so hard as it was boring.

Did something make you wish to quit or switch server?
Leveling had me wanting to quit many times. Grinding for gold made me want to quit too. And not finding a raiding guild also made me consider quiting. Now I feel that maybe killing the last current boss may make me go back to retail until the next tier opens up, I can't tell for sure.

What was the last sad and happy moments you've had?
I did a Stratholme live side run and the (admiteddly very tired) healer rolled need on Diana's pearl necklace, which was the only item I needed in the dungeon. He wanted it for PvP and didn't know I needed it, he then apologized for his mistake but I was quite exasperated by it (I know I can be incredibly unlucky sometimes and have to run content too much to get nothing). As for the happy moment, well one hour later I ran the same dungeon with the same rogue I had done it before and I got the necklace haha :D

What was the best moment you've had so far on the server?
The best moment was when I was with <Friends> and we killed Chrommagus together, I just love the feeling of raid progression, the shouting on guild chat and world chat, taking screenshots while roaring in front of a big dead bad guy, people happy on Teamspeak ^^

Chrommagus hits the ground!
[See other articles about Vanilla]

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire