vendredi 4 décembre 2015

Who are the vanilla wow players on Kronos? (4) Gorthaur

This is the fourth part of a multi-part blog serie dedicated to discovering the Kronos players, especially those that maybe would not come on the forums and talk about their experiences. See [Part 1 - Tekai] [Part 2 - Jakeltank] [Part 3 - Cruelfate] and [Part 5 - Novaskin]. I am very grateful to Gorthaur for taking the time to answer my questions, thank you Gorthaur!

What is your current character and talents? Why did you decide on those ?
My current character is Gorthaur, a level 22 undead affliction warlock in the guild <Bubbles>. I always thought warlocks were fun to play but I couldn't level one very far in vanilla as I had a hunter main. I now want to experience the feelings I had in vanilla again and have a chance to level a warlock to 60, that is why I created this character.
The current level 22 Gorthaur
Is this character an alt? Do you have alts ? Can you tell me more about them ?
In a way this character is and isn't an alt. My first character on this server was a hunter. I tried to get the same experience I had in vanilla on it, in a nostalgic fashion. But then I rerolled warlock because I felt I was missing the « vanilla warlock » feeling even more.

Could you tell me a bit more about you?
I'm a 27 year old guy from Norway. I started playing on WoW when it first came out and I can still remember the thrill of that first experience and how we then talked about it at school. That thrill has followed me up until now and I'm trying to find it again.

What made you decide on this server? How did you find out about it ?
I got to know this server through friends who started playing on Nostalrius. After I heard about their experiences I made some research about vanilla servers and I tried to compare them. I found Kronos to be the more comprehensive and thorough re-experience of vanilla. For example the scripting and bug tracking system seems better here and I have heard the community is lower but also more « tightly knit ». Overall this server seemed to offer a very good quality product, to say it differently.

What are your current short-term (days/weeks) and long-term (months) objectives in-game?
At the moment I am enjoying the leveling and revisiting the zones and dungeons. When I hit level 60 I will try to do some raiding and get the hard-earned tier-sets. I never raided past MC in vanilla so I look forward to progressing through raids here.

What do you login for? Or the last time you logged on, what did you do?
I log on to level my character and gain profession skills. The last time I logged on I did SFK with some of my friends (a level 40 mage and a tank). The run went well. I did have mixed results getting parties in general as sometimes there aren't enough players online to do a specific dungeon. That's when it helps to have friends on the server, just like on my SFK run :) .

What was the hardest thing you've had to do on this server? Can you be specific ?
The elite quests I tried to solo were the most difficult thing I have had to do on the server. Yesterday I tried to do the last Kolkar quest in the barrens (Counterattack!) with my voidwalker and using fears, but Krom'zar was hitting way too fast and resisted. I then tried to kite him on my hunter but to no avail. I had to ask for help.

… In some ways it is part of what I wanted here, a dangerous world where you have to think before acting, where what you do matters. I don't mind being killed and events tipping against my favor.

Did something make you wish to quit or switch server?
In terms of difficulty nothing made me wish to change servers, I like encountering something hard, unless it is broken or not working correctly. I did consider Nostalrius, but only because of its population.


What was the last sad and happy moments you've had in-game? (positive or negative experiences)
My latest positive moment was switching to a warlock and rediscovering the vanilla warlock feeling. I haven't had any particularly negative experience yet.


What was the best moment you've had so far on the server? Can you be specific ?
It is hard to pick one. Maybe the first time that my friends and I got together for SM : Library with my hunter, I felt a surge of nostalgia at that moment :) .


Would you like to add something?
I look forward to getting the same nostalgic feelings and good times as I advance in the game!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire